Information we receive about you:
We collect only the domain name, but not the e-mail address of visitors to our Web page, your e-mail address if you communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages you access or visit, and information you provide to us, such as survey information and/or information entered through site registrations. We may also receive and collect information you provide us if you otherwise contact us, fill in any forms, or submit any reviews through the Services.
Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose information through the Services, such as through a customer review, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties.
Other ways we gather information about you:
Device/Usage Information: We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services. For example, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, mobile device identifiers and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, and the city, state and country from which you accessed the Services; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies: A cookie is a data file that is installed on your computer’s hard disk. When you use the Services, we may place a “cookie” on your computer for various purposes, including: tracking your web browsing, provide information to other companies about your web browsing, user authentication, keeping track of your preferences, site administration, and analyzing trends. We may also share this information with companies with whom we have a business relationship in order to help them analyze your interaction with them. You can instruct your browser not to accept cookies, although some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies. We may also include tracking pixels, which are small graphic images, in our email messages and newsletters to determine whether the messages were opened and the links were actually viewed. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, but that may affect your ability to view images in other email that you receive. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Anonymous or de-identified data:
How we use the information we receive about you:
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- to improve the content of our Services or develop new Services;
- to administer and troubleshoot the Services;
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to administer sweepstakes and contests;
- to notify you about updates to our Services or to send you information about your relationship or use of our Services;
- to help prevent fraud and enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services; and
- to perform functions as described at the time of the collection.
How we share the information we receive about you:
- We may share consumer complaints we receive from you with consultants, regulatory and law enforcement authorities and members of the news media.
- We may share consumer complaints we receive from you with companies about which the consumer is complaining who pay us to receive that information. To receive such information, companies must agree that they will use the information only in an attempt to resolve the complaint and/or improve their practices. They must also agree not to use the information for litigation purposes.
- We may also share Submissions (i.e., comments that you have posted on our web site) with companies with whom we have business relationship, who may use those Submissions (along with your first name, but not your e-mail address) for marketing purposes on their website or other outlets (such as social media platforms).
- We may also share consumer complaints with our affiliates or other entities with whom we have a business relationship. These entities may post consumer complaints on their respective websites.
- We may share information we receive about you with our service providers who process your personal information to provide services to us on our behalf. We prohibit our service providers from sharing the information about you that they collect or that we provide to them with anyone else, or using it for purposes not authorized by us.
- We may share your name and e-mail address with companies when you fill out a form on our website indicating an interest in the goods or services sold by the company, some of whom have paid us for that information, and others who have not.
- We may also share information we receive about you with companies with whom we have a business relationship in order to help them analyze your interactions with them.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
- We may share your information when we otherwise have your permission.
Online analytics and tailored advertising:
We do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms. We also do not evaluate or endorse the products and services advertised.
What we don’t do with the information we receive about you:
We do not make the e-mail addresses of those who access our site available to commercial organizations for marketing purposes, although when we communicate with you we may include commercial or marketing messages in those communications. We do make e-mail addresses available to companies who have paid us in order for them to contact consumers to respond to their comments or complaint, and we may share your name and e-mail address with companies when you fill out a form on our website indicating an interest in the goods or services sold by the company, some of whom have paid us for that information, and others who have not.
If you supply us with your postal address, but not your online address, you will only receive information and inquiries from us at your postal address.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers will only receive telephone contact from us (or third parties working with us) about products you have used or may have used, or from companies regarding comments you have posted. We do not use the information you provide for marketing purposes.
Security of your information:
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
The Services are not intended for persons under the age of 13. We require that only persons 13 years of age or older use the Services. By using the Services, you hereby represent that you are at least 13 years old. If we become aware of a user under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to promptly delete that user’s information. BBSI strives to comply with all jurisdictional regulations in regards to protecting children’s privacy for children residing in the EU under the age of 16.
California Do Not Track Policy:
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Services for third party purposes, and that is why we provide above the NAI “Consumer Opt-out” link, DAA opt-out link, and Google opt-out link. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions.
Information access and account deletion:
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your California privacy rights:
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to email@example.com
Users from outside the United States (excluding European Union users):
Your European Union privacy rights:
Protecting our clients’ information is of the utmost importance to us as is maintaining compliance with any governing authority to which the processing of personal information may occur for any of our product lines. The European Union (“EU”) maintains strict privacy laws through General Data Privacy Regulation (“GDPR”). This standard differs significantly from U.S. law. BBSI strives to comply with regulations where it applies to the processing of personal data, the disclosure of the appropriate notifications, and, where applicable, with provision of a process by which an individual can request the erasure of personal information.
For the deletion and erasure of personal information under GDPR standards, email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process and we will respond to your request within 30 days.